Wrongfully Fired?

So I got my CDL about a year ago, noobie here. I had the hardest time getting hired, finally found a job hauling LTL in the Houston TX area, got 2 week training and my second week in I get in a small accident. No injuries thankfully. When we were unloading at a warehouse, a forklift driver from the bay next to me was backing up and hit the front of the truck, broke the headlight and tore up the bumper. Their manager was very cool and said they would file a claim to pay the damages. 1 week later it turns out the accident was my fault because my truck was about 3 inches outside of the yellow strip line and I have no work. Should I fight this? This is bull, is it like this everywhere?

Read More
Read Less

Comments and Replies

User Picture
JUNIOR SALAZAR

Aug/06/2022

What company were you driving for?

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
ADRIAN CHAVEZ

Aug/06/2022

User Picture
MICHAEL ROBERTS

Aug/06/2022

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I am surprised they put you at fault, the forklift driver hit your PARKED truck. It is pointless in fighting, specially if you were there for 2 weeks. Just move on, some companies are jerks to their drivers like this sometimes, but not all of them. I have been with the same one for over 15 years and am very happy.

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
SCOTT LANDERS

Aug/06/2022

It is not like this everywhere, I have worked at SAIA for 10+ years. Never had problems besides the occasional small stuff expected from every workplace. I am happy they treat me well. Also I love visiting my customers, I have had the same routes for years.

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
ADRIAN CHAVEZ

Aug/06/2022

Shoot maybe I should try out SAIA. Do they offer a sign on bonus?

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
SCOTT LANDERS

Aug/06/2022

When I started no, but they have one now. https://www.saia.com/about-us/work-for-us

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
TONY BURGMAN

Aug/06/2022

Every location is different man, just play the cards you are dealt.

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
RODNEY WILSON

Aug/06/2022

That sucks man, I got fired from my job 2 months in because I left the dock after they would not unload me while I was parked for 8 hours. I had somewhere to be.

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
LENNY TONKINS

Aug/06/2022

I allow 2 hours and if they have not began unloading, my truck is driving out. :)

Read More
Read Less
User Picture
ADRIAN CHAVEZ

Aug/06/2022

Thanks guys, I already have few places I want to try out already. DM me if you know of anyone hiring.

Read More
Read Less
X This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. Learn More

Truckland.com

Password & Confirm Password does not match!

Truckland.com

Confirm!

Truckland.com

Confirm!